LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, 26 May 2022 – TT Meridian, the leading international logistics and trading company specialising in the UK and Vietnam markets, announces its presence and presentation at the UK-Vietnam Business Forum held in Central London on 25 May 2022.
Coordinated by the Department for International Trade (DIT), it followed the holding that morning of the 12th annual Joint Economic and Trade Committee (JETCO) Meeting between the two Governments.
The Business Forum began with remarks from DIT Minister for Trade Policy Penny Maudant, and Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Phung Duc Tien
On the panel were:
- HE Ambassador of Vietnam to the UK & Ireland Nguyen Hoang Long
- The Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy for Vietnam Graham Stuart MP
- UK-ASEAN Business Council’s CEO Ian Gibbons
- British Chamber in Vietnam’s Chairman Chris Jeffery
- Global Head of Corporate Affairs at Mainstream Renewable Power Adam Bruce
- Co-founder and MD of TT Meridian Thai Tran
The six speakers covered a wide range of topics, from the benefits of the UK-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (UKVFTA) to renewables to ‘how to do business in Vietnam’.
More than 100 people attended the event, including members of the JETCO delegations, the Vietnam-UK Network, the Vietnam Business Association in the UK (VBUK), and the British Ambassador-designate to Vietnam, Iain Frew.
TT Meridian’s key messages at the UK-Vietnam Business Forum
TT Meridian’s Thai Tran was one of the six speakers, presenting responses to the question: “How can UK and Vietnam businesses improve their collaboration?”
The responses are summarised as follows:
1) Both sides should do in-depth research of each other, be it business culture, standards, technical specifications, etc. The more we understand each other, the closer we get and the more fruitful our collaboration.
2) The UK and Vietnam have signed one of the most advanced bilateral free trade agreements in the world [UKVFTA] and the strategic partnership agreement. So we should place a premium on each other in terms of cooperation opportunities. UK firms should think of Vietnam first when it comes to trade partners and vice versa Vietnamese companies should think of the UK first as a reliable partner in Europe and globally.
3) Now that the Covid-19 pandemic is over, British and Vietnamese firms, hundreds if not to say thousands, should attend business forums or trade events like today to acquire market intelligence, build up relationships and gather valuable business contacts for follow-ups at a later stage.
About TT Meridian
TT Meridian is the leading international logistics and trading company specialising in the UK and Vietnam markets. The extensive expertise in international freight forwarding and trade combined with in-depth knowledge of the Vietnam and UK markets provide the company with a unique position in the two countries. The focus sectors of TT Meridian include air cargo, consumer products, food and beverages, energy and healthcare.
+44 (0) 749 311 6908