Singapore Airlines is set to introduce a direct route to London Gatwick, expanding its network to the UK in June 2024. Operated five times a week, the service aims to provide passengers with convenient access to Singapore and the broader Southeast Asia region.
Operated by an Airbus A350-900 aircraft with a configuration featuring 42 business-class seats, 24 premium-economy seats, and 187 economy-class seats, passengers can expect a comfortable and opulent travel experience, complete with the latest in-flight entertainment and amenities.
- Swift and convenient travel: The nonstop flight promises significant time savings compared to connecting flights via London Heathrow.
- Extensive connectivity: With links to Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand, the new route offers passengers a diverse array of travel options.
- Opulent travel experience: The Airbus A350-900 aircraft ensures a pleasant and enjoyable journey.
- Increased trade opportunities: The new route simplifies trade for businesses with Singapore and the wider Southeast Asia region.
- Enhanced talent access: The route facilitates easier attraction and retention of talent from Singapore and the surrounding region for businesses.
- Improved customer service: Businesses can provide customers with a more convenient and efficient travel experience through the new route.
Statement from Gatwick CEO:
Gatwick CEO Stewart Wingate expressed delight, stating, “We are thrilled to welcome Singapore Airlines to Gatwick with this new nonstop service to Singapore. This marks a significant development for our airport and the broader South East region. The new route holds tremendous connectivity potential, not only to the fantastic destination of Singapore but also across Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. With notable increases in trade between the UK and Singapore in recent years, the service presents exciting opportunities for local and regional businesses.”
Statement from SIA CEO:
Singapore Airlines CEO Stan Tang added, “We are pleased to broaden our network to London with this new nonstop service to Gatwick. This signifies a key milestone in our long-term commitment to the UK market, offering our customers even more convenient access to Singapore and the wider Southeast Asia region.”
Anticipation surrounds the positive impact this new service will bring to passengers and businesses in London and the Southeast Asia region.